Exquisitely soft, sumptuous and oh-so-stylish, our bestselling 100% Mongolian cashmere pashminas are a delight to wear during the winter months to keep the chills from your neck, and to layer over your cosiest cashmere sweaters. However, when the weather turns warmer, there’s no need to put your much-loved pashminas back in the wardrobe, as there are plenty of timeless and elegant ways to wear a pashmina throughout the summer months too.
Below we’ll share our favourite ways to wear our N.Peal pashminas throughout spring and summer, and showcase some of the stunning pieces from our cashmere women’s pashminas collection. After all, a pashmina is only truly a pashmina when it is crafted from 100% cashmere – and at N.Peal, we wouldn’t make ours from anything else.
1. Style as a headscarf
Keep your cool during the warmer weather by wearing your brightest pashmina as a vintage-inspired headscarf – and there are several ways to tie it. Try one of the following simple styles with a boldly coloured Pashmina Cashmere Stole in Big Pink or Seafoam Green to instantly add a dash of colour to your favourite summer outfits.
• Pin your hair into a bun at the crown of your head, and place the middle of your unfolded pashmina at the nape of your neck. Bring the ends of your pashmina to the middle of your forehead, tie a knot, and then tie the long ends into a large bow for a dramatic and eye-catching look.
• As above, tie the ends of your pashmina in the middle of your forehead, but instead of tying the ends into a bow, twist them around one another into a tight spiral and then tuck the loose ends under the scarf by your ear, leaving the ‘spiral’ on show.
• Tie your pashmina around your head and tie a double knot at the front of your forehead. Open out the ends of your pashmina widthways, and tuck them in at the back of your head so that your hair is completely covered by the fabric.
You’re sure to find many more beautiful ways to wear your pashmina as a headscarf, but why not add a colourful brooch to your pashmina to keep it in place and add a touch of sparkle?
2. Wrap up at the beach
Whether at home or abroad, on the beach this summer your lightweight winter scarf easily becomes a glamorous beach sarong, all with a cleverly placed knot or two. Drape your pashmina around your waist and knot at the hip, leaving the ends long to style it as a skirt, or wrap your pashmina around your back, cross the ends over your chest, and then tie behind your neck for an easy alternative to a vest. Our generously sized, signature Pashmina Cashmere Shawl in Mustard is the perfect sunny shade for the beach, and would complement many of your favourite swimsuit colours too.
3. Wear as a classic cover-up
Draping a bold pashmina in a fashionable pattern, such as our Leopard Print Cashmere Scarf, over your bare shoulders is an effortlessly chic summer look that will never go out of style. However there are several fabulous ways to tie your pashmina as an alternative to a light summer jacket or cardigan.
• Tie the ends of your pashmina at the middle of your chest to keep it securely in place in the summer breeze.
• Put on your pashmina as though you were wearing it as a scarf, but bring the ends under your armpits and knot them in the middle of your back to create a shawl. Unfold the fabric over your shoulders and upper arms so that they are covered.
• Place your pashmina around your neck and let the ends hang loose, at equal lengths, in front of your body. Put on a thin belt around your waist and over the scarf to cinch it in. For extra coverage when the day begins to cool, unfold your pashmina so that it covers your shoulders and upper arms.
4. Try an artistic knot
If you like to wear your pashmina as a light scarf, why not try a new way of knotting it? You could twist the length of your pashmina before knotting it around your neck, or create a ‘chain link’ effect by tying several knots along the loose ends of your pashmina, around 2-3 inches apart. Tying your scarf into a classic bow also adds a fun touch to an everyday, casual look. Our Layered Colour Block Scarves in cheerful Pink and cool Blue are the perfect pashminas to try out your most creative styles.
5. Stay warm on the aeroplane
If a summer getaway is in your diary, don’t forget to pack your pashmina in your carry-on bag to stay cosy during the flight. As well as being a comfortable wrap to keep you warm in the airport and on the plane, our exquisite Pashmina Cashmere Shawls will be so much more pleasant than the blankets provided by the airline, and you’ll soon be snuggling up in your seat to snooze the flight away! In a classic Fumo Grey shade, your pashmina will take you from cabin to cabana with ease.
What is your favourite way to wear your beloved cashmere pashmina during the summer months? We’d love for you to share your tips on how to wear a pashmina in the warmer weather, and be sure to discover our beautiful new pashmina styles in our selection of cashmere Accessories, that perfectly complements our Spring Summer 2017 women’s cashmere collection.